Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

KCCO - Jan Brett inspired hoods (will need major blocking!)
I started working on the children's Jan Brett inspired Christmas hoods. This one will be C's (for her big blue eyes.)  K's hat will have the same colorways but in a different order and Little L's main colorway is mushroom. I actually already knit Little L's and am making changes to the pattern this time around after running into a few problems with his. It came out very cute, though. Soon I will be adding the pompoms to his.

While I am normally a super tight knitter, I tend to go the extreme opposite when doing colorwork. Thankfully it usually blocks out okay. I learned my lesson when I knit C's first birthday sweater - when it comes to colorwork, too loose is better than too tight.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention - this is my very first steeking project! Prayers, deep breaths and lots of gulps of coffee were had as I made my first cut. There is just something so counterintuitive about cutting into knitting.

What are you working on?! Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...